What is wrong with you?
I think I found it. I found out what is wrong with me, and it is 2 things.
1) I always do what I want! It is quite ironic, isn't it? Doing and getting what you want is supposed to be great, but there is really no moral attached to that idea, right? You will want bad things, and you will do them. You will do stuff without thinking if they are right or wrong, just because you always get what you want! Well, you can't always get what you want, as a matter of fact you shouldn't!
We have always studied about النفس, but I do not think I realized it is real until now. You can want wrong things.
2) I am a very easy going person. I do not judge people or react to their mistakes. Whatever you do, I will understand you, and treat you right. I do not think anything you do is stupid or embarrassing, I understand! I really do! Explain to me what was going on your mind, and we are going to come together to a conclusion that makes you feel good about it, or at least stop feeling bad! I trust your intentions not your actions. And that is good you know, really good and forgiving. But you know what is really bad about this? Doing actions on the false pretense that people are also easy going on you. They are not. And I do not mind that, I do not mind people judging me. The issue is a lot deeper than that. You see, when you are an easy going person, you have one conclusion in mind for anything that people do: "It is fine, do not worry, let us put this behind us.", so whatever someone does, you are going to find a way to make it look good for them, even if it is not good! It smudges your morals. You do things, maybe bad things without realizing, thinking that people will see the best in you and understand your real intentions.
There is an essential rule in the Islamic Fiqh that says:
"النية الصالحة لا تصلح العمل الفاسد".
I need to understand that actions matter, not intentions. I mean I do understand that, but I, subconsciously, never live by it!
Comments
Post a Comment